Knowage documentation is composed by four main areas:
- Installation Manual;
- General User Manual;
- General Administrator Manual;
Each one focuses on a specific aspect of the product: how to properly install it, how to generally approach the suite, which are the general tools an administrator has access to and which are the analytical potentialities of the platform.
Each area is thought to be delivered to different users.
- Installation Manual: it is directed at technical users. It provides all the instructions needed to install and configure the Knowage suite. Here the essential steps to succeed with the standard installation on certified environments will be described, including the optional use of CAS as a SSO solution and the use of HTTPS protocol.
- General User Manual: it is directed at unskilled end users. It provides a first approach to Knowage interface and functionalities. It can be used as a first approach to Knowage. It focuses on all those elements which are shared among the products and involves the end user.
- General Administrator Manual: it is directed at Knowage administrator. It describes all the management and configuration tools shared by all Knowage products.
- Functionalities: it is directed at all kind of users. Here each user can find detailed instructions on how to develop different kind of analysis exploiting all BI capabilities of Knowage platform. Notice that when a functionality is strictly related to a specific module it will be notified.
Some graphical conventions have been adopted to allow readers to easily identify special contents such as notes, summaries and essential information. All conventions are explained here after.
This icon refers to additional documentation, internal or external sources that may be useful for the reader.
This icon warns the reader about possible errors and issues using Knowage.
This icon provides best practices and suggestions.
This icon highlights relevant content, to be drawn to the reader’s attention.
The following fonts have been adopted, to easily identify special words and expressions:
- Menu, Menu items and static label refer to specific element of Knowage GUI;
- Input field is a label referencing input fields in Knowage GUI;
- Code example is a piece of code showing configuration patterns or parts of document template.